What could be more ecologically friendly than a gated community that is strategically located. Within a 5-mile radius there’s everything that you’ll need, including: Sir Lynden Pindling International Airport, Lyford Cay and Tambearly Schools - two of the Island’s better primary and high schools; Westminster College – a new addition; and Gambier School; and world famous Stuart Cove’s for scuba and snorkeling enthusiasts. A shopping centre minutes away includes City Markets supermarket, John S. George Home Centre, the famous House & Gardens furniture store and design centre, The Royal Bank of Canada and a Shell Service station. Minutes away are Lyford Cay Hospital , churches of Catholic, Anglican/Episcopalian denominations (as well as a non-denominational), a local police station solely servicing the area, exclusive Cave’s Village again with an array of exquisite shops and restaurants ~ all that will tantalize any taste. Historical sights like Heritage Park and Adelaide Village (one of our oldest settlements in New Providence) are only a bicycle ride or golf cart away; and maybe stop on your way back to Clifton Pier to fish, and drop in at the reputable organic farm for the freshest vegetables ever to complement your catch-of-the-day.
Green By Design
- Energy Efficient
MATERIALS USED/LOW MAINTENANCE/ SUSTAINABILITY:
- Solar Roof Panels
- Solar Powered Street Lights
- Icynene Air-Blown Insulation in Ceilings – Electricity usage reduction
- Water Heater (high efficiency)
- Energy Exhaust Ceiling Fans
- Whirlpool Energy Washer
- Whirlpool Energy Dryer
- Energy Dishwasher
- Energy Refrigerator
- High-Energy Central Air Systems to reduce electricity usage
- Kitchen RO (Reverse Osmosis) Water System under Sink
- Acrocrete on Exterior Walls of Homes and on Front Wall Entrance of Subdivision – color integrated and won’t need painting – superior crack and fade resistant – water barrier protection
- Fascia Boards & Soffit/Boxing made of Poly-Wood Board from recycled materials – Weather and Vermin-Proof (will never have to paint)
- Tiling throughout home vs carpet
- Cyanide-Free pressure-treated lumber.
- Solid-core interior doors act as sound-proofing, negating the need for expensive extra sound proof materials.
- Quartz Countertops - one of the hardest minerals and superior to granite - won't chip, stain or need replacing.
MAXIMIZATION OF SPACE:
- Low-Flow Shower Head Fixtures
- Native drought-tolerant Plants used in all Landscaping
- One-Gallon flush Toilets
- Well on each home site
- Attics in all Homes for additional Storage